Welcome to Greek Asian Dramas!!!
Please type your username and code to Log in.
If you aren't a member yet, don't hesitate come join us!!
Welcome to Greek Asian Dramas!!!
Please type your username and code to Log in.
If you aren't a member yet, don't hesitate come join us!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[KD] Ripley poster and character stills

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jennypara
Admin
Admin
jennypara

[KD] Ripley poster and character stills Empty
PostSubject: [KD] Ripley poster and character stills   [KD] Ripley poster and character stills EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Ripley poster and character stills

[KD] Ripley poster and character stills Ripley10

Ripley’s first poster is out! It’s intriguing and a little bit creepy, which is what I think they were going for.

But what I find more interesting is the photo below, which features Lee Da-hae holding the drama’s script. As you may recall, the drama was initially titled Goodbye, Miss Ripley, then dropped most of that to settle on Ripley. But on the script below, the Korean title is written as Miss Ripley, and the English reads Mrs. Ripley Who I Loved. Grammar mistake aside, I’m curious as to why they haven’t adopted either of those options, and a little disappointed that they’re sticking to the plain, uninformative Ripley. But I’ll keep my eyes peeled for another change, should one be coming.

[KD] Ripley poster and character stills Ripley11 [KD] Ripley poster and character stills Ripley12

[KD] Ripley poster and character stills Ripley13
[KD] Ripley poster and character stills Ripley14
[KD] Ripley poster and character stills Ripley15
[KD] Ripley poster and character stills Ripley16

We’ve already seen the “rose-inspired” stills of Lee Da-hae’s character, so now it’s her co-stars’ turns.

Park Yoo-chun, aka Micky Yoochun, is here in his sophomore drama effort playing a “warm, gentle” character. He admitted, “In my last drama [Sungkyunkwan Scandal], I realized that it’s extremely difficult to immerse myself completely in the character. But the time I spent worrying intensely about the character was really happy and enjoyable. I’m excited to be able to show a different side of myself.”

Kang Hye-jung, the mostly-film actress (Welcome to Dongmakgol, Girl Friends) whom I loved in the quirky though horribly underrated Flowers For My Life in 2007 (3%-5% ratings, eep), is here in her first drama after her marriage to Tablo and the birth of their first child. She said, “The whole time I was reading the script, I found the careless Hee-joo amusing, and even nodded at some of the things she did that are similar to me. Hee-joo has the ability to make people feel better, like a pick-me-up.”

Kim Seung-woo plays an ambitious hotelier, ten years after playing one in the Hallyu drama Hotelier (with Yonsama and Song Yoon-ah). He was born to a poor family and toughened up along the way to seeking his goal of being number 1. Because he succeeded in that, he believes he can control life perfectly — an idea this drama will surely disabuse him of, I bet.

Ripley is set in the economic and cultural fashion market (which is a description I don’t fully understand) and takes place in a 21st-century downtown hotel. The themes it plays on are work and love, success and failure, and hidden ambition — told in a “conventional melodrama” format. It premieres May 30.
MORE PHOTOS:

Via Osen, BNT News
Credits:dramabeans.com
Back to top Go down
http://greekasiandramas.forumotion.asia

[KD] Ripley poster and character stills
Page 1 of 1