Welcome to Greek Asian Dramas!!!
Please type your username and code to Log in.
If you aren't a member yet, don't hesitate come join us!!
Welcome to Greek Asian Dramas!!!
Please type your username and code to Log in.
If you aren't a member yet, don't hesitate come join us!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jennypara
Admin
Admin
jennypara

[KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3 Empty
PostSubject: [KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3   [KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:41 pm

Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3

[KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3 Hk3-9

Ah, now it feels like High Kick: Promo shots are being released from High Kick 3, aka Counterattack of the Short Legs, which bear the trademark styling of the franchise with the cutely distorted photos and their fisheye effect, making the characters look like living bobblehead dolls.

Below are examples of the same promo shots from High Kicks past:

[KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3 Hkfaces_1

(From High Kicks 1 and 2)

The show has been releasing these character shots one by one so we’ll probably be seeing them continue to trickle out, but these three are the main characters and the ones I’m most predisposed to liking, anyway: Yoon Kye-sang, who I happily welcome back to comedy after he’s spent some time with darker, more serious projects (Poongsan, Executioners, Road No. 1); Ahn Nae-sang, wonderful in everything from family dramas to sageuks like Sungkyunkwan Scandal; and Yoon Yoo-sun, a familiar sister/aunt/mother figure in a number of dramas (The Duo, Birdie Buddy, My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho).

Yoon Kye-sang plays another doctor after recently playing the warm, earnest Dr. Pil-joo in Best Love. This time he works at a public health center and gets to keep his real name for his character (sitcoms often do this, which has the effect of blurring the line between character and real-life persona and creates a sort of pseudo-intimacy with the viewership).

He sees some similarities to Pil-joo, in that he’s principled and kind, but I think we can anticipate some good laughs, with his relationship to brother-in-law Ahn Nae-sang described as “strangely competitive.” (Ahn plays husband to housewife Yoon Yoo-sun, who is Yoon Kye-sang’s older sister. Here the actors’ real names aid the sibling connection, since they both get to keep their own surnames. I’ve noticed that it’s when playing relatives that sitcom characters most often use fictional character names, since they need to share the family name.)

Yoon explained that he’s been a fan of the High Kick series, saying, “I felt the appeal of director Kim Byung-wook’s works, which have meaning within the laughs, and wanted to be in one of his projects. I’m happy to be a part of a show with such a good director and actors that anyone would want to be in it.”

[KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3 Hk3-7

[KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3 Hk3-8

“Premium supporting actor” Ahn Nae-sang explained having previously thought poorly of the sitcom format, and rejected offers right away in the past. He’d felt that sitcoms were forced and uncomfortable. He enjoyed American sitcoms, though, and wondered what the difference was, and decided that it was because it felt the actors were playing rather than acting, and started to feel an interest in trying that himself. So he changed his mind and began to feel the pull to try sitcoms — just as the offer came in from hitmaker PD Kim Byung-wook. Ahn said yes immediately — the first time he’d replied on the spot to take a role.

It’s the first sitcom for his co-star Yoon Yoo-sun, who’s suddenly faced with her husband’s business bankruptcy and early menopause all at the same time, leading her to some mighty emotional mood swings. I admit that description makes me a bit nervous — I hate the characterizations of wives as nagging, angry, and yelling — but perhaps it’ll be handled with a sense of humor. Yoon explains that she gets angry and raises her voice easily, but then turns on a dime and laughs right away.

High Kick 3 has a pretty large cast list, including Park Ha-sun, Seo Ji-seok, Krystal, Kang Seung-yoon, Park Ji-sun, Baek Jin-hee, Lee Jong-seok, Kim Ji-won, Go Young-wook, Julien Kang, Yoon Gun, and Lee Juck. Phew! That’s a lot of people, as you can see in the photos below from the show’s official poster shoot.

The sitcom began filming on August 17, and will follow All My Live, premiering on September 19.

[KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3 Hk3-12

[KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3 Hk3-11

[KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3 Hk3-13

Via Star News, NTN Seoul
Credits:dramabeans.com
Back to top Go down
http://greekasiandramas.forumotion.asia

[KD] Promo photos and poster shoots for High Kick 3
Page 1 of 1